Sunday, November 3, 2013

Siding.

You know you're a homeowner if.....

You get stupid excited new siding on your home.  Because there's not a whole lot to say, I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

NOTE: The siding is dark grey, not blue in any way, shape or form. My iPod, the lighting, the fact that the house faces north, are all factors that go into the poor photos. I would try to edit them, but I'm no good at that.

Before:


After:


AHHHHHH! We love it. LOVE it. Not much more I can say about that. 

Not only is the ugly brown and white gone, but the faux stone around the sliding glass doors is gone! You can also see the raised bed in front of the porch that my father in law gave us and helped Adam install this summer. 

The branches on the right are for Halloween. You'll see what I mean in a later post. 

Construction and transformation pictures:







nearly done!


And another look at the what it looks like now:




It took five days to complete it, then several more days for them to keep coming back after I had to nag, nag, nag them about things they forgot, things they left, or things they flat out ignored.

We really don't like our contractors. I'd go into the problems we've had, but I don't have the energy, and besides, talking about it just makes me upset. It's just a constant battle with them. I hope to not have to use them again. We want to side the garage next summer if there's any money left over from the insurance proceeds.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing transformation! Wow, wow, WOW!!! I love it! You will be out standing in your yard daily, just to look at your pretty new house! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.