Friday, December 7, 2012

Signs.

Before I go on my rant, I'll start by posting some pictures of my Halloween party decor.  After going through some of my photos, I'm very sad.  I am missing a lot of things that I swear I took pictures of, or even things I remember now that I didn't take.  Gah!

I do at least have most of my signs before they were put on sticks and put in the yard.  It was one of the most fun projects!  I made them out of old wood that the previous homeowners left. Because I have no fancy saw, I used my jigsaw that Erin bought me last year and ghetto-cut it, using living room two side tables as my "workspace".

I used this tutorial, which was super easy!


I had so much fun that I kept making more and more!




Remember this sign that I got last year on after-Halloween clearance? 


Now it looks like this!:



 I like the change.  It's much more "Tessa".





This sign I made from extra wood I had left in the basement from my desk I made in my craft room.  I just noticed that this actually in the unfinished picture.  I used leftover stain from when I stained our deck last year and now it looks awesome.  I could go downstairs and take an updated photo, but I'm too lazy for that.  I'm sure you'll get to see it next year :)


--------------------------------------


This rant isn't necessary, and it isn't related to this post in particular, but I started typing this before my pictures and descriptions above, and I figured I would leave the rant.  After all, rants are totally "Tessa".  


As I've been saying, I have to edit my photos before I post them, which is the main reason I don't update my blog very often.

It's not that I do any touch ups or blending or layering or whatever the crap else photographers and other people have have great cameras do.  I don't have time to fiddle around with that stuff.  Plus, with my humorously sub-par photos, it's not worth anyone's time to do anything fancy to them.

My problems:

  1. My lighting is always bad (my house faces north and has very little natural light)
  2. It's always dark when I get home from work, so the natural lighting wouldn't matter anyway
  3. I can't think of a good setup (even a mini/ghetto one) in my house with my supplies
  4. My camera and tripod are cheap (with good reason).

My camera loves to take blurry photos like I'm in a moving car, even when I swear I didn't even move a centimeter.  It also loves to focus on something 20 feet away in the way upper left of the background instead of what takes up 95% of the frame and is 10 inches away (wtf?).

Because of all of these issues, I take about 10 photos of the same shot, move a few inches or a different angle, take 10 more shots, try a different setting/lighting combination, take another 10 shots, etc, etc.  The preview screen is so small that I can't actually tell if the picture is blurry or not until I upload it on my computer.  So once I have all 11,850 photographs of only 10 items (exaggerated, sort of.  My SD card is only 256 MB so I only get like 150 pictures on it), I have to go through all of them and delete approximately 11,725 photos.  Then I have to crop, resize, etc (cry,cry,cry - I know, I'm such a whiner).

Anyway, my exaggeration aside, it's time consuming and not very fun, plus I've now used up my limit on Blogger so I can't add anymore photos.  So now I have to go to Photobucket, download my pictures, and then link up to them.

How do you other bloggers get past this dreaded step!?  Are there and tricks you've found?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.