Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Apothecary.

Today it's time to look at what I worked on for two months.  

The Apothecary.  

Click on image to enlarge.

I used a multitude of inspiration from Pinterest, ultimately leading me to two main tutorials: Witch's Kitchen and Over the Big Moon.  For one jar in particular, I used this Haunted Props page to copy-cat (which I will go into more detail about on a different post).

For the tin cans and other miscellaneous metal (safety pins, large nails, etc) aging, I used Lipstick and Laundry's tutorial, although I found out that the measurements honestly don't matter.  I thought I remembered the measurements, which turned out to be completely wrong, went through the whole process on 4 cans, and they came out exactly the same way.

There isn't much more that I can say, so enjoy the pictures!  Comment and let me know what you think!



























I'll also be posting pictures of each individual bottle of the apothecary, my altered books, the food that was served, the living room, and the creepy dolls that Kelsi and I altered.

Hope you're having a great holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. You should open up a Halloween store and sell this. I would buy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.