Sunday, December 29, 2013

UPDATED: Newsletter.

Since this blog exists mostly to just document my work (not to be a famous blogger, even though that would be a weird, happy accident), and even though I know I already posted photos of "The Rathsack Family's Second (Not-So-Annual) Christmas Newsletter", I found some photos that I took on my iPod and I wanted to document them, even though some may seem totally redundant! That was a long sentence.

In order to keep things organized, I'm going to integrate the last post in with this one.

And, as always, my disclaimer: I know my photog skills suck, so try to look past that!

I have a lot of fun doing little things that end up taking a long, long time. Enter:

The Rathsack Family's Second (Not-So-Annual) Christmas Newsletter!


I did a newsletter in 2011, but not one in 2012 (it was a sad year), and decided to do one this year because so much happened!

They were printed on off-white paper so the print on the inside was not a stark difference from the backside.

Did you know that Office Max still charges you $.49 per color copy, even if you use your own paper? RIDICULOUS.

This is how the cover page turned out once printed with some AWESOME lighting... yes. it's awesome. You're jealous. 

Most of the covers ended up with dirty spots somehow, so I used some iRocks (SHINY!) to cover them up. They turned out pretty random on most, but I don't care. That's how I roll in the first place: Random.

Red ribbon.


Holy COW these pictures are bright. I feel like my eyes are burning.

Tied on the edges with silver string

Tied on the edges with red baker's twine


Tied on the edges with tiny red ribbon

Folding out in the backside.

The newsletter was a tri-fold card, and because I like to mix things up to break the monotony, bound either by a ribbon across the folds or by tying the corners together with small ribbon, shiny silver string, or red baker's twine.


Tri-fold in action.

The full inside.


The first page of the newsletter!

CONGRATS a million times to Adam for his promotion ( and his raise :D )

The second page! 

I posted about this story earlier. It was like being on an HGTV or TLC show about a poor newlywed couple that got their house made over for free! We are truly blessed.

The third and last page!

Yes, I even made a fancy label.

The lot of what was sent out.




I shamelessly stuck my brand stamp that Erin purchased for me a long time ago that I don't really use. I really like the stuff I do, but if someone else doesn't like it, I bet they think "I TOTALLY wouldn't put my name on THAT piece of crap". You know what I have to say about that!? DEAL WITH IT! People are dealing with things now, Ted. (if you know what I'm referring to here, then you just made my day.)

The left side here was stamped with Memento's Tuxedo Black, and I tried stamping the right with a StazOn grey (can't find my ink pad in my mess of a craft room to find the name), but it was too juicy! I hate that! Anyone have any ideas to make an ink pad non-juicy? 





It's hard to pick my most favorite part of the newsletter. I think I'm hilarious, so I'd probably have to pick the "© T to the Essa, Inc.", or the "Love, Smooches, Rainbows and Unicorns".

I love the way this project turned out. I had a really fun time making them, even though I stayed up until 2 AM a lot of nights adjusting, re-adjusting, tweaking, moving this or that an eighth of an inch here and there... then they took me hours upon hours upon hours to complete by hand once printed. I only had to make 65 of them.

<.< 
(looks left)

>.> 
(looks right)



So much fun!!

As always, much Sprinkles and Kittens,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.