Friday, February 10, 2012

Thrift.

Back forever long ago, I found some awesome pieces of junk that someone gave away to my city's version of the Salvation Army. First, I found two huge ceramic canisters for sugar and flour. I love them. I originally had what I thought were awesome ones from Wal Mart, but they were a lot smaller than I thought and the mouth was that of a mason jar. Impossible for leveling off while measuring. 


They look vintage to me. At least old-school of some sort. And in my book that equals awesome. I don't care at all that the sugar container is chipped. That adds to the old-school feel of it.

My next find was a spice rack.


I don't know if I posted about this before or not, but here's the before picture. I'm not a fan of the hearts, but I wasn't brave enough to take my jigsaw to it. I just spray painted it a nice ivory color that pops against my red wall.

 
I found it was awesome to store my ribbon on. 


I love thrift stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.