Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Peace.

I got a pretty cool card today. I like it, at least.


This year Adam bought his friend Alex a gift card. It's for a game called League of Legends, and it's an odd shaped card. It wouldn't fit into any normal gift card holder, not that I would use one anyway, but it made things a little difficult when I was trying to make a card holder for it. The solution came from none other than Tim Holtz. In this post on the 12 Tags of Christmas, he creates this magical card:


He explains how to do it in his post, so I won't bother you with a tutorial. I used his technique to create my holder inside my card.



But what I find to be the coolest is the outside of the card:


The tree stamp and sentiment is from a set that I won from Damask Love, and I used a Tim Holtz banner die  cut and folded it at the base of the tree. Not terribly girly. At least there's no ribbon or flowers. 


Whaddya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.