Sunday, September 11, 2011

Vertical.

This is it! The last sketch challenge from Moxie. This one is the Vertical Sketch Challenge and you can submit your project here, since I know you want to join us.

This is the sketch.

Remember the sun stamps I got for Erin's project? I've had them sitting on my desk since I received them, and I refused to store them until they were used at least once. I think I came up with something pretty awesome!


Now, I don't think anyone in this blogging world ever expresses the sheer frustration of paper piecing. I've never done it before this project. I stamped each ray of the sun separately along with the center, cut them out, then painfully pieced them together. The clouds came from leftover cardstock that I cut out also. 

I have bad, horrible wrists. Last year I had surgery to remove a ganglion cyst from my left wrist, and went through many months of therapy to help with my chronic pain in both wrists. Now that I don't have insurance I'm just dealing with the pain. Spending so much time tediously cutting small pieces of paper was super painful. 

I can confidently say that I will never paper piece again. At least until the pain is under control.

I don't think I could've chosen a worse hobby to pick up... bird watching would've been better. Or watching TV. Something that didn't strain my wrists :)


Negative Nancy aside - I am happy with the results!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I need to label my paper-piecing projects so that you can find them and all my complaining about "cutting out", LOL! I have a ganglion cyst in my right wrist, but I haven't done anything about it yet. I understand your torment! This card is great! A really innovative response to the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I appreciate your comments. I'm an avid reader of the blogs I follow (like yours) but I almost never comment. I gotta work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tessa! Thanks for linking this up to the Vertical Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.