Thursday, September 29, 2011

Butterfly.

We all know I idolize Tim Holtz, nothing new there. I'm still learning a lot of his techniques he's had published for six or more years. One technique I tried recently was making foam stamps out of die cuts. Read about Tim's stamps here.

I created a whole bunch of stamps - one being Tim Holtz Fanciful Flight die. I should've used the first stamp before I made all of them... I don't know how I feel about them. I tried using regular ink pads and it didn't look very good. 

Here's my foam stamp, painted with paint dabbers:


Here's how it turned out:





I used silver and gold dabbers on a flourish stamp:



Meh. I like Tim's tag a lot better than my butterfly and definitely better than my flourish. I'll have to try a few other things... I don't know that I'll be using any of these stamps again. Good thing it was only a $2 project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.