Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sets

Today I had a lot of fun creating two sets of cards. I had to stop by Hobby Lobby first to get a new paper trimmer - mine was screwing up my paper!


Arg!!
I ended up with Fiskars 12 Inch LED SureCut Folding Rotary Paper Trimmer. That's a long name. I really wanted Xacto's Laser Paper Trimmer but the Fiskars one was available at Hobby Lobby and I was able to get it on clearance. It works great so far!

I've been experimenting with picture taking, trying to take better photos of my work. I found the tripod I used for my film camera works well with my little digital camera. The only problem I'm having now is lighting. My house faces North and is surrounded by huge trees. I've found the area with the most sunlight is in the back hallway, with the back/west door open, at around 5:00. And it's still not very good lighting. All things considered, I think the photos turned out pretty well. At least they turned out better than my older photos have been.

  





This looks a bit more pink than it is - it's a normal red color.
 






I also made more of the feel better soon cards that I made earlier.


I'm definitely liking card making better than scrapbooking. It takes less time to get one card done than it does a page, so it feels more rewarding. I feel like I have to embellish the crap out of my pages or else it looks too plain, but then sometimes it ends up looking too busy. 

Practice, practice, practice! Practice makes perfect.

1 comment:

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.