Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 1: Wedding Dress: SOLD

I've been trying to sell my wedding dress since the wedding in July. I originally purchased it on Craig's List for $250 from a bride in Random Lake, Wisconsin. I took my mother in law with me on the hour and a half trip and we both knew it was perfect. The one. And so cheap! It was made by designer Maggie Sottero and the gown is called Paigely. I loved it when I saw it online when I was first browsing for wedding dresses, I loved it when I saw it in person, I loved it when I tried it on, I loved it every time I tried it on again, I loved it when I wore it on my wedding day, and I still love it. Redundant? Maybe. But I can't get over how gorgeous it is.

Most brides keep their dress, right? Pay to have it professionally packaged or wrapped or boxed or something? Why? As much as I loved this dress, I wouldn't love to never see it because it's in a box I can never open. I want money, baby!

I had a listing on the classified page of one of my favorite websites, Weddingbee, for several months with no responses. Eventually a soon-to-be bride in California contacted me and I sold it to her for $250! (with shipping included). What a blessing to have a little extra money in our time of need!

Before I sent it off, I had to take several more detail pictures in case I ever forgot what it looked like.










The Cali soon-to-be bride has received it and loves it! Hurrah!!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful!! I'm sad I didn't get to see you in it, but I'm sure you were one hot mama ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.