Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 4: Cooking Adventure: Another Fail

Since I've become unemployed I have made it a goal to make dinner every single day. And to make everything I can from scratch. So far I've made:
  • Spaghetti sauce (never made before from scratch)
  • Cinnamon raisin bread (never made before from scratch)
  • Banana nut bread (never made before from scratch)
  • Gingery bread (never made before from scratch)
  • Banana chocolate chip muffins (never made before from scratch)
  • Cinnamon rolls (never made before from scratch)
  • Meatloaf (never made before PERIOD)
  • Chicken crepes (Jenkins family favorite, never made before, took 3 hours)
  • Fajitas (Adam had never had before but now is one of his favorites)
  • Chicken fingers (special recipe I found)
  • Rice crispy treats (made before BUT I fudged up and had to start over!)
  • Apple pie (never made before, and I still don't know how to "flute" a pie)
  • Slow-cooker berry cobbler (Awful recipe. Burnt and smelled up my kitchen for days)
  • Fruit pizza (omg delish!)
  • Chicken and rice (easy peasy)
Today I took on biscuits and gravy. Adam had never had it before and I thought he would really like it. It's a simple idea and simple ingredients, how could he not like it? I had a fabulous image in my head of what it would turn out like and how tasty it would be. My mouth is literally watering right now just thinking about it. Nomnomnom!


Easy enough, right? WRONG. I burnt the entire bottom of my saucepan and after days of soaking and trying to clean it, had to trash it. Fail. I also didn't have any breakfast sausage (or any meat at all) so the gravy was plain and tasteless. Also HOLY COW biscuit batter is sticky. And gross.

Bless Adam's heart. He tried it, the poor thing. He didn't like it. What a surprise. BUT! I will make this again, this time I will make the gravy NOT suck, I will NOT fudge up another sauce pan, and he WILL like it!

*The photo is not a picture of what MY biscuits and gravy looked like. To spare your virgin eyes I shall not post a picture of the tragedy.*

1 comment:

  1. And for most of those very reasons, I do not cook. LOL. I should be more cool like you, and start learning how to cook. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.