Saturday, March 1, 2014

Resourcefulness.

I like to say that I'm resourceful. The truth is that I'm not.

One of the most recent things going on right now is my hatred for grocery stores. Walmart is the place that I shop. I love the idea of it, but I hate spending so much time, spending so much money, and being around such stupid people. So I've been avoiding it at all costs.

I've been slowly digging through the pantry, cupboard, fridge, and freezer, trying to find anything that looks halfway decent and not two years expired. I think it's been about four months or longer since I have done an actual shopping trip. Adam does one every other week or so, but his system is to not use a cart... just one basket, fill it up, and use whatever his hands can carry. Last time he went, just a few days ago, he got two frozen pizzas, 10 frozen pot pies, apples, juice, jam, and a bag of candy. Last time I went, it was for soda, and I also picked up a pre-made croissant turkey and cheese sammich, and some extreme clearance chocolate leftover from Valentine's day.

We're all out of anything useful, such as eggs, meat, bread.

Our fridge consists of the apples and juice Adam bought, some almond milk, butter, two half-full jars of spaghetti sauce, baking soda, and some condiments on the door.

The fridge is even more parse: chocolate chips, vegetables in bags, a few pot pies, and an ice pack.

As for the rest...


Add some flour, sugar, beans, syrup, spices & herbs... that's all, folks.

I think I have about two days left in me before I break down and go on the shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, mango! You're a fabulous person and there needs to be more people like you that comment on awesome posts.